We all know that in theory vacations are suppose to be fun and relaxing. Yet in practice, they can often also be stressful. The biggest factor that determines our experience in these situations is our mindset. So set the intention ahead of time that you will do your best to be patient, upbeat, and enthusiastic.
Here are some tips to reduce the stress and keep the fun even when things don’t go as planned.
- When things don’t go as planned, remind yourself that the struggles…
- can add adventure
- make your trip even more memorable
- can bring you together as a group or family
- make you appreciate it when things do go as planned
2. When you find yourself getting stressed or frustrated, try these tricks:
- Take a few slow, deep breaths to lower your heart rate and calm your mind
- Excuse yourself to take a walk or remove yourself from the situation
- Remind yourself to go with the flow and be flexible
- Listen to a song(s) that calms you down and lifts your spirits
3. Keep your positivity battery charged so you have more resilience to bounce back when things get stressful.
- Look for things to be grateful for each day; share them with the group
- Reminisce about other past fun vacations
- Find opportunities to laugh and be silly
- Use a fake smile, making sure you activate (crinkle) the little muscles around your eyes
4. Take care of your physical needs so you have more resilience
- Get enough sleep
- Eat as healthy as you reasonable can
- Go for walks, exercise, or move in some way every day
- Stay hydrated
Download the PDF, tips-for-a-great-vacation.
Want more positivity tips you can use every day? Check out ThePositiveEdge.net/blog.